A few years back, I published a list of people you should follow on Twitter. As time changed, my tastes changed, but some are still on that list.
I have been active on Twitter since 2009, and since 2011 have I taken it seriously. I tweet as @finansakrobat.
These are the people you need to be following.
1. @TheStalwart - Joe Weisenthal has changed how people do journalism. He's about to launch a TV show on Bloomberg, but if you're wondering what that matters right now, you can be sure he is on the case. And tweeting it.
2. @sebastiengaly - Societe Generale's best analyst. He is fearless and appears to really love markets. He works mostly with FX and global macro.
3. @Pawelmorski - He writes under a pseudonym, but he's for real. He is in a quiet period now, but think he will return soon. Phenomenally smart guy.
4. @John_Hempton - One of the many hedge fund managers on Twitter. Very interesting guy.
5. @Ritholtz - Barry Ritholtz is a sharp guy who is in a new crowd of managers, with a focus on low prices and solid products.
6. @ReformedBroker - Josh Brown is the funniest person on finance twitter, but he is also phenomenally sharp. He works for Barry, and produces a lot of content every day. He is one of the best I've ever come across to read the sentiment in the market properly.
7. @pmarca - Marc Andreessen is one of today's smartest men, I'm convinced. He shares a lot and talks a lot. How often can you speak directly with one of the world's best investors?
8. @DavidSchawel - David is perhaps one of the most universally well-liked people in finance. Very smart.
9. @HowardLindzon - Howard is a venture capitalist who has his finger right on the pulse and works hard. Great guy.
10. @IvanTheK - A person who shares a lot on Twitter. The only one on this list which is a bit of a mystery.
11. @mark_dow - It is amazing that Mark shares as much as he does. Ex IMF, money manager. One of the smartest I've met in my life and he shares a lot of his insights.
12. @barnjek - Great fguy, with great insight in Central and Eastern Europe.
13. @PeterCWarren - The best finance guy in Norway.
14. @economistmeg - Very skilled economist. Very smart. An easy follow.
15. @spbaines - Manager with a sharp tongue. Not very active, but a nice guy.
16. @SardonicaX - Michelle manages money in Geneva. She is extremely smart, and obligatory to follow on Twitter.
17. @RichardPaulsen - Ex-broker, now a commentator. Sharp. Only in Norwegian.
18. @NicTrades - Oil Trader from London. Lots of good insights.
19. @TradeDesk_Steve - With Steve, you do not need a Bloomberg terminal. At least not for news. Tweet headlines all day.
20. @M_McDonough - A lot of excellent information.
21. @gusbaratta - Bond guy. You cannot get closer to the market than him.
22. @cullenroche - Eager blogger. Very smart. An easy person to follow for anyone with financial interest.
23. @timmyconspiracy - Charlie's a Scot with good humor and extensive experience as a manager. Once anonymous manager from London.
24. @dsquareddigest - Dan has "retired" at a young age and traveling around the world. But writing a lot about the market. Very clever. Especially on banks.